2021/2022 virtual Event recordings
- Hear from the 2021 Canada Gairdner Wrightman Award recipient, Dr. Elizabeth Eisenhauer as she shares her career journey in cancer research.
Spotlight on Nursing
- Hear from the admissions advisors from the University of Saskatchewan College of Nursing, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Practical Nursing, and the University of Regina SCBScN.
Spotlight on Medical Diagnostics
- Hear from the admissions advisor from Saskatchewan Polytechnic Medical Diagnostics Programs, the Saskatchewan Health Authority regarding job prospects, and industry professionals sharing their career journeys.
Spotlight on health care video series
Spotlight On Dentistry
- Hear from professionals in the Health Care Sector sharing their career journeys.
- Dr. Divya Balakrishnan – Doctor of Medicine (Dentist)
- Madison Malowany – Dental Assitant
- Dr. Perry Kurz – Orthodontist
Each segment focuses on a post-secondary program and gives you information on the school, student life, and post-graduation job prospects.
DENTAL ASSISTING CERTIFICATE
DENTAL HYGIENE ADVANCED DIPLOMA
DOCTOR OF MEDICINE IN DENTISTRY
DENTAL ASSISTING CERTIFICATE
UNIVERSITY OF SASKATCHEWAN
ASK A PHARMACY STUDENT
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN PROGRAM
Physician’s Career Panel
- Hear from representatives from the University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine, medical students, and industry professionals sharing their education and career journeys.
- Sherrill Bueckert – Admissions Advisor, University of Saskatchewan
- Dr. Natalie Garrett – Child Psychiatrist
- Dr. David Campbell – Anesthesiologist
- Dr. Melissa Mirosh – OBGYN
- Dr. Nicole Labine – Second Year Surgery Resident
- Shayan Shirazi – Second Year Medical Student
Nursing Careers Panel
- Hear from college representatives and industry professionals sharing their education and career journeys.
- Lauren Garner – Saskatchewan Health Authority
- Trudy Unger – University of Saskatchewan College of Nursing
- Sheena Kabatoff – Saskatchewan Polytechnic (SCBScN Program)
- Lorna King – Registered Nurse (R.N.)
- Payton Humphries – Third Year Nursing Student
- Leah Boscher – Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Taylor Cave – Second Year Practical Nursing Student
- Lindy Ooms – NICU Registered Nurse (R.N.)
Still Have Questions about Your Future?
Please click on video title to access videos
Usask College of Nursing – Interested in taking your Bachelor of Science in Nursing at the University of Saskatchewan College of Nursing? Find out what it’s all about. Our BSN program is offered in Regina, Saskatoon, Prince Albert, Yorkton, La Ronge and Ile-a-la-Crosse, Saskatchewan. Students graduate from this program with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and are eligible to write the national registration exam.
Usask College of Nursing Simulation Lab – Want to see where you would learn hands-on practices in the College of Nursing Program?
SaskPolytechnic School of Nursing – Saskatchewan Polytechnic educated nurses are known for their high standards of practice, ethical behaviour, acceptance of diversity and skilful compassion. Through a variety of programs, the School of Nursing prepares you for a gratifying career as a registered nurse, nurse practitioner, registered psychiatric nurse, licensed practical nurse, diabetes educator and more.
SaskPolytechnic Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing Degree Program – Find out how you can play a greater role in advancing the health and well-being of people and communities. Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s Bachelor of Psychiatric degree completion program provides you with a strong foundation to grow your career in leadership, management, and education.
SaskPolytechnic Critical Care Nursing Advanced Certificate – Are you an RN wishing to expand your current skill set and knowledge base? Do you thrive in a high intensity environment? Are you interested in delivering holistic, evidence-based patient care? If so, a career in critical care nursing might be the path for you.
Why study Medicine at USask? – From Indigenous health to one-on-one relationships with faculty and mentors, our medical students talk about the advantages of studying medicine at the University of Saskatchewan.
Unique Minds at USask College of Medicine – Our medical students talk about how their diverse backgrounds make up the fabric of our student community.
When and Why did you decide to become a Doctor? – Everyone has their reasons for the career path they choose. Our medical students talk about why they want to become physicians.
SaskPolytechnic Pharmacy Technician Diploma Program – The Pharmacy Technician program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic will prepare you for a career in various pharmacy settings including retail pharmacies, hospitals and long-term care facilities. Hands-on learning and two month-long work experiences help make sure you are ready to succeed right from day one.
SaskPolytechnic Continuing Care Assistant Certificate Program – If you enjoy caring for others and have a desire to improve their quality of life, the Continuing Care Assistant program at Sask Polytech might be just what you’re looking for. As a continuing care assistant, you’ll work directly with clients in long-term care, home care, assisted living, some areas in acute care, and even special needs classrooms. You’ll help them with mobility, personal care, assisting them to eat their meals, and medication monitoring. It’s a face-to-face, people-focused job.
Curious about a certain career? Hear from industry professionals in their chosen field.