The Summer Youth Internship Program (SYIP) is a project that the SIEC is pleased to deliver to the youth of our schools since 2003. This program provides youth with summer employment and a look at specific careers at the same time. In the past 5 years, over 400 youth have taken part in the SYIP with a 98% completion rate.
We are once again partnering with the construction, manufacturing and tourism/Hospitality sectors. We ask employers to commit to the full six-weeks with their student(s) in order to complete the program.
The Summer Youth Internship Program asks our youth, industry, parents, teachers and government to invest in the workforce of the future by:
- Helping students make the link between their classroom education and future workforce careers.
- Enabling students to explore career options through workplace internships.
- Supporting career education by helping students understand the real world of work.
2023 dates coming soon
Please email completed application to [email protected]
When using the fillable PDF’s DO NOT fill the PDF when it is open in an internet browser; the info you enter will not save properly!
Here are the instructions to follow to ensure all files save correctly:
- Open the PDF
- Click download PDF
- Save the PDF on your computer and name it accordingly
- Company name- employer application
- Open the file you have downloaded
- Complete the application
- Save the application and submit it via email