The Saskatchewan Youth Internship Program (SYIP) is a project that the SIEC is pleased to deliver to the youth of our schools since 2003. This program provides youth with summer employment and a look at specific careers at the same time. In the past 5 years, over 450 youth have taken part in the SYIP with a 98% completion rate.
We are once again partnering with the construction, manufacturing and tourism/Hospitality sectors and offer employers the opportunity to engage youth in the skilled trades.
- Program runs for six weeks from July-August
- Work with high school students interested in the skilled trades
- Interview candidates and choose the best fit for your company
- Mentor your candidate(s) to your company’s standards
- Candidates provided with safety training, PPE and basic hand tools at no cost to employer
Now accepting applications
July 8 – August 16, 2024
Please email completed application to [email protected]
When using the fillable PDF’s DO NOT fill the PDF when it is open in an internet browser; the info you enter will not save properly!
Here are the instructions to follow to ensure all files save correctly:
- Open the PDF
- Click download PDF
- Save the PDF on your computer and name it accordingly
- Company name- employer application
- Open the file you have downloaded
- Complete the application
- Save the application and submit it via email