If you are currently completing Grade 11 or 12, looking for a summer job and are considering pursuing a career in the trades after high school, the Summer Youth Internship Program is for you! The internship starts on July 4, 2022 and ends on August 12, 2022. This program entails a six-week commitment, and therefore careful consideration should be taken before applying to the program. Some internships may be extended.
SO WHY SHOULD I APPLY? Students who are placed in the program:
- Obtain summer employment
- Receive competitive industry wages
- Earn high school apprenticeship credits
- Can complete the Saskatchewan Youth Apprenticeship (SYA) which offers bonus hours and tuition fees towards first year of apprenticeship
- Provided with a mentor and are given the opportunity to experience first-hand what the skilled trades are all about.
- Grade 12 students may be offered full time employment at completion of program
July 4 – August 12, 2022
When using the fillable PDF’s DO NOT fill the PDF when it is open in an internet browser; the info you enter will not save properly!
Here are the instructions to follow to ensure all files save correctly:
- Open the PDF
- Click download PDF
- Save the PDF on your computer and name it accordingly
- FirstNameLastName Bootcamp application
- Open the file you have downloaded
- Complete the application
- Save the application and submit it via email
interview skills session
Stand out to perspective employers
Gain tips to create a resume or add to current resume
Job interview tips for virtual/in-person
Understand the importance of soft skills